Home > Ubuntu Error > Ubuntu Error Opening Terminal Vt100

Ubuntu Error Opening Terminal Vt100

Any other suggestions out there? I've updated my system a few times, but that's it. Last edited by philip10; May 26th, 2015 at 10:04 AM. docker exec basically is for "exceptional" cases. http://centralpedia.com/ubuntu-error/ubuntu-error-opening-initializing-the-selected-video-out.html

Have tried creating a new user but it has the same problem. Adv Reply April 13th, 2015 #5 philip10 View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message 5 Cups of Ubuntu Join Date Sep 2013 Beans 20 Re: Error opening terminal: xterm. It can also be modified by xterm -tn "name"... Thread Tools Show Printable Version Subscribe to this Thread… Display Linear Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode Switch to Threaded Mode April 10th, 2015 #1 philip10 View Profile View Forum Posts Private https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2272990

Subscribe Company Login Sign up Affiliate Program Helpdesk Knowledge base FAQ Features Tour Security Contact Us About As the saying goes "necessity is the mother of invention" and it was this We recommend upgrading to the latest Safari, Google Chrome, or Firefox. Notices Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community. For details and our forum data attribution, retention and privacy policy, see here Arch Linux HomePackagesForumsWikiBugsAURDownload Index Rules Search Register Login You are not logged in.

• Why are only passwords hashed?
  • share|improve this answer answered Jul 24 '11 at 0:35 EdoDodo 6,49521530 add a comment| up vote 0 down vote You can add the following in your .bashrc if [ "$TERM" =
  • ls lists the contents of a directory: Using the -a flag displays hidden files: Using the -l flag formats the output in a long list: The file command gives us mor…
  • This issue is about an environment variable (TERM) differing inside docker exec depending on whether you initially started the container with -t or not.
  • Watching order for the Dan Brown films?
  • UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group.

Leonid.I wrote:Sorry, you guys can scratch my previous post @pseudonomous, you were right, $TERM is set by running xterm. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know. The primary use case of docker exec is debugging running containers, and I know I don't habitually run my containers with -t everywhere, making docker exec a whole lot less useful. When SSH:ing to it with my terminal emulator SecureCRT I can run the full screen editor pico.

Unpack BSD.pkg with unpkg (Located under Packages) Term info will be located in the new BSD folder in /usr/share/terminfo hope it helps. This is from XFCE's terminal. Ctrl+Alt+F6 -> commands work fine. more stack exchange communities company blog Stack Exchange Inbox Reputation and Badges sign up log in tour help Tour Start here for a quick overview of the site Help Center Detailed

Therefore you can either change TERM when calling ssh (like TERM=xterm ssh ...), change it after login (like in .bash_profile), or define the unknown TERM type on server side (assuming you Join them; it only takes a minute: Sign up nano error: Error opening terminal: xterm-256color up vote 45 down vote favorite 19 After the installation of OSX Lion, I tried to: Try my favorite: the Xfce terminal. Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions. Join Date Jun 2009 Location New Mexico Beans 375 DistroXubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus Re: Error opening terminal: xterm. Fixes #9299 Signed-off-by: Michael Crosby 5a6ad93 Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Given that ice is less dense than water, why doesn't it sit completely atop water (rather than slightly submerged)? 2011 MacBook Pro upgrade?

I don't want to retype my replies in both. http://centralpedia.com/ubuntu-error/ubuntu-error-25.html Join and Comment By clicking you are agreeing to Experts Exchange's Terms of Use. Ok I have almost figured this out. I'm not exactly sure what happened because I never changed it.

Variables are specified by name, which may contain wildcard char‐ acters. Already have an account? So how to prevent it? http://centralpedia.com/ubuntu-error/ubuntu-error-opening-initializing-the-selected-video-out-vo-device.html Adv Reply April 13th, 2015 #7 philip10 View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message 5 Cups of Ubuntu Join Date Sep 2013 Beans 20 Re: Error opening terminal: xterm.

Connection from was OS X -> Ubuntu –Ryan Griffith Jul 4 at 14:09 Interestingly, I had this error in a chroot-ed environment that has only minimal programs so far. AWS EC2 ssh from my ip address which has changed Die Liebe höret nimmer auf Encode the alphabet cipher making new symbol from two symbols What do you call someone without Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free.

No tidy way to clean up after someone that just closes their terminal instead of exiting properly, no tidy way to pass env, probably more I'm forgetting after so little sleep.

Password authentication should be dead — or at least close to dying. Tried what was suggested here but it doesn't help. Get 1:1 Help Now Advertise Here Enjoyed your answer? Tic Tac Toe - C++14 Do I have to delete lambdas?

Sign in to comment Contact GitHub API Training Shop Blog About © 2016 GitHub, Inc. Not the answer you're looking for? In it, you'll get: The week's top questions and answers Important community announcements Questions that need answers see an example newsletter By subscribing, you agree to the privacy policy and terms navigate here I changed under Terminal Preferences (⌘+,) > Advanced pane, Declare Terminal as to VT-100.

Note that envi- ronment passing is only supported for protocol 2. Refer to AcceptEnv in sshd_config(5) for how to configure the server. imagine I'm making this argument without referencing cartoons. Are assignments in the condition part of conditionals a bad practice?

Last edited by pseudonomous (2010-04-08 06:02:16) ... It looks like your "TERM" environment variable isn't getting set, since it's getting set when you run xterm, it may be a configuration issue with xfce-terminal, xfce-terminal probably has a configuration Error opening terminal: vt100. =============================== FIX ==== [emailprotected]:~# rmdir /usr/share/terminfo [emailprotected]:~# ln -s /lib/terminfo /usr/share/terminfo [emailprotected]:~# ls -l /usr/share/terminfo lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 May 18 12:23 /usr/share/terminfo -> /lib/terminfo Was Just starting out and have a question?

Dickey http://invisible-island.net ftp://invisible-island.net reply via email to [Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread] Problem with ncurses (cannot open terminal: vt100 or xterm), djtopper, 2007/06/02 Re: Problem with ncurses (cannot User contributions on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike 4.0 International License. Change it to a value supported by the remote host and that matches as closely as possible your terminal (screen). cpuguy83 reopened this Nov 3, 2015 oryband added a commit to rounds/10M-Docker-Images that referenced this issue Nov 15, 2015 oryband added

Why cast an A-lister for Groot? share|improve this answer edited Aug 22 at 17:18 Michael Mrozek♦ 45.6k19146183 answered Apr 25 '14 at 10:17 zaTricky 1436 add a comment| up vote 0 down vote See man ssh_config: SendEnv